Friday, January 30, 2009

a cuppie unconference?

CupcakeCamp.ca - Home of CupcakeCamp Toronto


Last weekend I attended a first for Toronto, and perhaps even Canada. Labspace Studio was host to CupcakecampTO and it was quite the spectacle! For $5 you could enter the event and sample a plethora of creatively and attractively appealing cupcakes to your heart (or stomach's) content. Or, if you are an even greater cuppie enthusiast and have the magical talent that is baking genious, you could enter as a baker for $2 to showcase your creations. Judges from foodtv.ca taste tested all the baked goodies and the winners were announced for Best Flavour Combination in A Cupcake, Best Dessert Inspired Cupcake, Best Twist on a Classic Cupcake, and Best in Show. All proceeds raised were donated to the Toronto Humane Society. Two of my favourite things: sweet treats and sweet animals -- all in need of a good home! I'd take them all in if I could, really.

Don't mind my impromptu advertising for Sugar*Baking, who baked some very yummy treats for the event. Also keep an eye out for CapitalCupcake which is to take place in Ottawa. Details to come!

Some pictures I snapped up:

No comments: